Central to the Farm to School BC network are Regional Hubs that are dedicated to working with regional partners on community-specific projects. As of 2021, there are eight Farm to School BC Regional Hubs around the province.
Farm to School BC Regional Hubs
- Vancouver Area (including North and West Vancouver)
- Kamloops Region (including several outlying rural communities)
- Capital Region (southern Vancouver Island)
- Central Island Region (Nanaimo-Port Alberni)
- Northwest Region (Terrace-Smithers)
- Surrey Region
- Sunshine Coast Region
- North Central Region
Each Hub is led by a Farm to School Community Animator who takes a community development approach to growing Farm to School in the Region. Animators work to build farm to school capacity in their region by catalyzing and convening multi-sectoral networks and an Advisory Committee made up of stakeholders from local schools, community organizations, health authorities, the agriculture sector, and local businesses among others.
In addition to fostering local connections and building relationships, Community Animators administer funding (when available) to and support Farm to School BC program development at local schools.