Farm to School BC Scale-Up Grants
Amount: Up to $1,000
Deadline: Sunday, January 10, 2021, at 11:59 pm PST
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Farm to School BC Scale-Up Grant 2020/21! Please read over the eligibility and exclusion criteria carefully before proceeding further.
Farm to School BC Scale-Up Grants 2020/21 – Growing your vision!
Scale-up grants are the smaller of the two grants we offer and are designed for schools wanting to take their ideas to the next level. The scale-up grant is suited for schools with existing Farm to School BC programs, who have a desire to build upon their success and expand their vision.
Scale-up grants are up to a maximum of $1,000 and have historically been utilized for garden development. However, we encourage our applicants to think outside of the box! In recent years, we have seen an interest in foraged foods, indigenous plant gardens, cooking programs, and indoor growing spaces. Use your imagination!
About Farm to School BC
Farm to School BC is a diverse and expanding provincial network that promotes, supports, and links Farm to School activities and programs across the province. From school gardens and incorporating more local and traditional foods at lunch, to farm field trips and more, Farm to School BC activities help students learn about their local food system, teach important life skills, and provide the opportunity for healthy habits to take root. Farm to School BC also benefits local farmers and suppliers.
Central to the Farm to School BC provincial network is the creation of Farm to School Regional Hubs dedicated to working with regional partners on community-specific projects. Farm to School Regional Hubs have been developed in regional centers throughout the province that have a strong local food action plan and a variety of school food activities underway.
- Must be a K- 12 school located in the Province of B.C.
- If you have previously received a Start-up Grant from Farm to School BC, then you must have completed your final report and submitted financials before applying for a scale-up grant.
- Schools within Farm to School BC Regional Hubs are encouraged to discuss with their Community Animator before applying. To contact your regional Farm to School Community Animator, click here.
- Schools from Rural/Remote and First Nations communities are encouraged to apply.
- Schools with high existing capacity/resources, programming, and significant infrastructure investments are encouraged to apply to Start-up grants instead.
- Have been a past recipient of the Farm to School BC Scale-up Grant at your school. If you are not sure if your school received a Farm to School BC Scale-Up grant, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have received Farm to Cafeteria Canada’s Salad Bar Grant.
- Sunday, January 10, 2021, at 11:59 pm PST
Before proceeding further, please ensure you have the following files:
- Scale-Up Grant Application Form (for reference). Questions listed in this application form will be asked during the online application. We recommend that you review or complete these questions before starting the online application.
- Program Budget Form for Grant (required). You will be required to upload a completed version of this budget form for your project during the online application.
To help you with pricing estimates and budgeting for your project, please refer to our Farm to School BC Budget Calculator.