Farm to School BC Pollinator Award
Nominations close: April 25, 2022, at 11:59 pm – NOW CLOSED
Nominations are now closed for 2022. Nominations will open again in the spring of next year, 2023.
Farm to School BC’s Pollinator Awards recognizes K-12 schools across British Columbia that demonstrate outstanding leadership in farm to school initiatives. Do you know of a deserving K-12 school in British Columbia that should be celebrated? Nominate them today for a Pollinator Award!
These schools act as pollinators within their community: buzzing around their gardens, kitchens and classrooms to build healthy food systems, transferring and sharing knowledge, fostering thriving learning environments, and supporting the development of young healthy “seeds”, who will grow up to one day offer the fruits of their labour back to the environment and community.
Leadership in any of the following areas can be recognized:
- Growing and harvesting food
- Sourcing local food
- Teaching food literacy in creative and meaningful ways
- Integrating community food knowledge into the school
- Fostering partnerships with community food stakeholders
- and more!
In 2022, one school in each of Farm to School BC’s eight Regional Hubs will be selected to receive a Pollinator Award. The Pollinator Award will be given out at each Regional Hub’s Spring Celebration in May 2022. Winning schools will be contacted by their Regional Hub Community Animator with more details.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
- K-12 schools in British Columbia within an existing Farm to School BC Regional Hub. Includes schools within a school district, First Nations schools, and independent schools.
Estimated time to complete nomination form: 10 minutes
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.