The focus of GO Grants is to help get students outdoors learning and participating in hands-on experiences in nature. Field trip grant applications are available to K-12 classes and schools in BC.
The key criteria for GO Grants trips or projects are:
- conducted outdoors in a nature setting;
- focused on learning about BC’s fish, wildlife, habitats or biodiversity;
- linked to curriculum;
- hands-on or experiential for students; and
- planned to include before and after extensions to the trip or project.
The maximum amount a single class can apply for is $600. For requests for multiple classes, school and or district applications, the maximum amount that can be requested is $3500.
Grant Eligible Items
- transportation (bus, boat, mileage etc);
- outdoor field trip equipment (e.g: dip nets, pH meter, butterfly nets, magnifiers, field guides etc.)or habitat stewardship project materials (e.g: nest box supplies, native plants, student gloves for planting); and or
- outdoor field trip leader,secondary teacher on call and program fees(e.g: Biologist, conservation group fee for outdoor program etc.).
Successful Grant Requirements
GO Grants that are awarded will need to:
- submit a field trip report;
- field trip photo(s);
- complete an online post evaluation; and
- submit a school or school district invoice (using the invoice template) with receipts by July 15th for Spring grants or by March 31st for Fall/Winter grants.
All grants are distributed after the completion of the field trip and with the submission of an invoice and receipts.Link to Application