- This event has passed.
Eating for Local Food Literacy – Sustain Ontario
February 22, 2017 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
This webinar hosted by Sustain Ontario will focus on how to use school meals (including cafeteria lunches, hot meal days, home ec, and your school’s Student Nutrition Program / breakfast program) to enable local food literacy education.
Packed with hands-on tips and resources, speakers from Roots to Harvest, Ecosource, and the Ontario Student Nutrition Program-Southwest Region, will share:
- Case studies of schools in Ontario that are using more local foods in their menus and offerings, as well as meal programs that are involving local food education in their mandate.
- Ideas for how to get students excited about local food
- How to engage all those involved – from school staff to students to farmers
- Curriculum connections for various grade levels and subject areas including sample lesson menus and models
- Answers to common questions
- Case study examples
This webinar is hosted on Eastern Standard Time. Time published here has been converted to Pacific Standard Time.