- This event has passed.
F2S Kamloops Webinar – Planning for Spring
February 23, 2017 @ 3:45 pm - 5:00 pm
It’s dark, cloudy, and the sun sets early. But it’s never too early to start thinking about spring! How can you bring local food into your classroom? Food is such a great opportunity for hands-on learning, but sometimes you need a little inspiration in the winter months.
This will be a Kamloops-centered webinar (though information will be relevant to anyone) and will be focused on planning for the next few months. Let’s chat during the webinar on Thursday February 23 from 3:45-5pm. Please register by clicking here.
Let’s start thinking about what food things you can incorporate into your classroom from now to June!
Planning for the Spring in your classroom:
- Did you know that the Kamloops Regional Farmers’ Market is starting again on Feb 15? Maybe you can take your students on a field trip and talk to some farmers and other producers.
- Planning farm field trips – who/where are the farms?
- What food is even in season in the spring?
- What are some hands-on ideas you have to bring food into your classroom?
- How can we support the Salad Bar program starting in April at AE Perry, Brock, and NorKam?
- Update from Brock about their NEW Food Sustainability class!
Storytelling, growing microgreens, talking to your students about how food is grown, going on a field trip to a farm or the farmers’ market, let’s get students’ hands on some local food!