Starting a program? Read over our Program Model sheet to start brainstorming about what a Farm to School program could look like in your school. Once you are ready to dive in, check out our Tools from the Shed page, an overview of food safety, coordinator information, farmer information, and more.
If you are looking for more information about the topics below, click on the link to be taken to a page with lesson plans, articles, and more information that will support learning in your classroom.
- Growing Outside: School Gardens
- Growing Inside: Microgreens and Tower Gardens
- Preparing and Eating Food (including salad bars)
- Indigenous Foods
- Benefits of Farm to School
Check out this Food Literacy Database, developed by SD73 (Kamloops area), Interior Health, and F2SBC.
- Curriculum Connects, critical thinking lesson plans
- Nourish Curriculum Guide, using food and stories
- Teaching Food Systems and Nutrition
- Environmental Learning, Ministry of Education
- Supporting Healthy Eating at School, prepared by Vancouver Coastal Health – there are extensive and very helpful resources on this website!
- Healthy Schools Food Literacy Resources, prepared by Fraser Health
Provincial Agricultural/Food Literacy Resources
- Action Schools! BC Activities
- BC Agriculture in the Classroom Lesson Plans
- BC Dairy Nutrition Education Lesson Plans
- Langley Environmental Partners Society Resources
Farm to School BC “How To…” Series